Yokohama National University, with a grant funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank under the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP), is now seeking prospective students for its inter-faculty Master’s Degree Program in Infrastructure Management (IMP).
Citizens of low and middle income World Bank member countries are eligible for the scholarships.
Value & Number of Scholarships:
Approximately 10 scholarships are allocated to the YNU program by the World Bank. Each scholarship provides a monthly allowance of JPY152,000 and a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance of USD500. The scholarship also covers tuition fees, the entrance examination fee and the admission fee.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing;
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship When is the application deadline?;
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any other sources funded by the Government of Japan;
- Be employed in a paid and fulltime position at the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline? unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”;
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline?, at least three (3) years of recent fulltime paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country in “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline?, the recent professional experience does not have to be fulltime or paid; and
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline?.
※ Priority Consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Are 35 years or younger;
- Can receive an official leave of absence during the period of study;
- Are planning to return to the equivalent position (including the current one) in their home country after s/he completes the program;
- Are recommended by appropriate government agencies; and
- Submit Official English proficiency Test Scores ,(TOEFL/IELTS)
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
When applying, applicants must submit the following documents listed in the Scholarship Webpage link below to the Infrastructure Management Program Office, Graduate School of Urban Innovation
- It is important to go through the application requirements of this scholarship before applying.
19th June 2018.